How to Use Palo Santo
1. Use a candle, match, or lighter to ignite your Palo Santo stick. Hold the stick at about a 45 degree angle. Point the tip down toward the flame until the stick itself ignites.
2. Let the stick burn for about 30 seconds to one minute. Then blow it out.
3. The stick will then produce warm red embers that release a terpene-rich healing smoke.
4. Move about your workspace, home, car, bathroom or anywhere you would like to clear the energy.
5. The rich smell will drive away stagnant energies and unpleasant aromas. It will also bring peace and clarity to the moment, along with good feelings.
6. When finished, place the stick in a fire-proof bowl. The glow will end on its own. If you blow on the ember, which will keep the smoke going. Always use caution and respect when working with fire.
Here are a few other ways you can use palo santo:
- You can use palo santo before meditating or doing yoga as a way to cleanse the space and to also create your own ritual.
- You can burn palo santo before bed to cleanse away any vibes from that day and to help you sleep better.
- When using palo santo to smudge and cleanse a room make sure to walk in a clockwise direction and fan the smoke into all corners of the room.
Our Sustainable Promise
Sacred Wood Essence Palo Santo is single-sourced from a forest preserve in Ecuadar.
The best part of this magical tree is that it is sustainably harvested. Our partners in Ecuador have planted over 30,000 trees back into the area over the last 10 years.